A collage showing 20 US presidents as women is going viral on social media. Reddit user, ygdrssl, created the wonder through a selfie app called FaceApp, which shows that how 20 US presidents will lookalike after swapping their genders.
The collage went viral when a woman, Virginia Virkus shared it through her Facebook account, with a strong message of women representation.
She wrote, “I got in touch with the creator of this amazing art and she asked me to refer folks to the subreddit she posted in. It’s Chromosomes The sisterhood there has been a beacon of sanity, sisterhood, and hope in these very dark days. Found on Reddit: someone used the gender swapping app to create female presidents & it’s making me Feel Ways About Things. Specifically, how familiar these faces look. These ladies look like every female boss or teacher or professor I ever had. It made me wonder what my life would have been like if I’d grown up knowing that I could be president someday. The cliche of “carry yourself with the confidence of an average white man” exists for a reason. Average white American men grew up knowing that they could aspire to be leaders and that changes your self-perception and your relationship to power. This is powerful magic, and I’m so thankful that things are shifting at last. Now let’s get out there and work to elect more women and more people of color. Time’s Up boys.”
Later, the TV critic Emily Nussbaum shared the same artwork and described how she found it meaningful and emotional.
1. Donald Trump (2017)
2. Barack Obama (2009-2017)
3. George W. Bush (2001-2009)
4. Bill Clinton (1993-2001)
5. George H.W. Bush ((1989-1993)
6. Ronald Reagan (1981-1989)
7. Jimmy Carter (1977-1981)
8. Gerald Ford (1974-1977)
9. Richard Nixon (1969-1974)
10. Lyndon B. Johnson (1963-1969)
11. John F. Kennedy (1961-19630)
12. Dwight D. Eisenhower (1953-1961)
13. Harry S. Truman (1954-1953)
14. Franklin D. Roosevelt (1933-1945)
15. Herbert Hoover (1929-1933)
16. Calvin Coolidge (1923-1929)
17. Warren G. Harding (1921-1923)
18. Woodrow Wilson (1913-1921)
19. William Howard Taft (1909-1913)
20. Theodore Roosevelt (1901-1909)