Chilling Footage Shows Adolph Hitler Relaxing At Holiday Home
Footage showing evil tyrant Adolph Hitler calming in his hideaway home in the Bavarian Alps has been exposed.
Videos from Hitler’s private collection show his wife Eva Braun practicing gymnastics and waterboarding on a local lake near to the Berghof retreat.
In the footage Hitlter, Braun and other Nazis counting Albert Speer, Heinrich Himmler, Joseph Goebbels, Joachim von Ribbentrop, Reinhard Heydrich and Karl Wolff were all captured in the footage, which re-emerged recently.
The Berghof was Hitler’s hideaway home in the Obersalzberg area of the Bavarian Alps in Germany – following the end of World War II the property was seized.
The property was reconstructed and expanded in 1935 and Hitler used it as a holiday retreat for ten years – it was known to be one of his most used headquarters.
In the mid-1930s the Berghof became a tourist attraction, with visitor’s assembly on the nearby public footpaths to try and get a glimpse of Hitler.
As a result, access to the building became constrained and security was ramped up – a number of ‘anti-aircraft devices’ were fitted, including a number of smoke generators to help mask the complex in smoke so it couldn’t easily be seen from above.
Hitler welcomed a number of high-profile guests to the complex, including the Duke and Duchess of Windsor in 1937. He also entertained the family and friends of his wife and the families of other Nazi leaders.
Two visitors unsuccessfully attempted to assonate Hitler at the Berghof in 1944; in March Captain Eberhard von Breitenbuch managed to smuggle in a concealed gun with the intention of shooting Hitler. However, guards kept the Nazi leader and von Breitenbuch apart.
In June of the same year, Colonel Claus Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg planned to detonate a bomb during a meeting but was told by his fellow conspirators not to as Himmler and Goring were not present.
On 14 July 1944 Hitler left the Berghof for his headquarters in East Prussia and never returned.
In 1945 the building was damaged by British bombers and then set on fire by retreating SS troops a month later. The Bavarian government demolished the burnt-out shell in 1952.