A couple freaked out when they discovered a massive spider is on the loose in an Australian property and they scared to go out from their home.
Lauren Ansell, from Mount Coolum in Queeensland, said she had the shock of her life when she came across a monster huntsman spider on Sunday night.
Lauren Ansell found the massive spider at her house in Queensland
They discovered the gigantic spider when it appeared on the outside of the window where her boyfriend was cooking dinner.
Lauren said although the spider appeared harmless, it wasn’t happy after they tried to move it from the glass.
She told The Sunshine Coast Daily: “(The spider) was preventing us from using our barbecue.
“We made it unhappy as we tried to move it so we could cook.
“My boyfriend tried to squish it in the door but the spider was smart.
“The door only claimed two of its legs and it dropped and ran into the garden.”
Shocking photos show the enormous huntsman spider perched on the door
The arachnid trapped Lauren and her boyfriend in their own home
The couple called the arachnid Aragog after the giant spiders from the Harry Potter series.
She added: “We nicknamed the spider Aragog from Harry Potter and feel the spider has run into the forbidden forest.”
Lauren said her friends expressed their horror suggesting she move out after she shared a photo of the beast on Facebook.
The couple say they haven’t seen the spider since.
Lauren told Daily Mail Australia: “It’s in the garden and we haven’t seen it since.
“It’s massive and was mean, but it’s alive and we didn’t want to kill it.”
Hunstman spiders are renowned for their enormous size with males able to achieve a leg span of between 10 and 12 inches.
These gigantic spider are common in Australia but several have been found in the UK after hitching a ride in shipping containers.
Adult huntsman spiders do not build webs but forage for food and use venom to stun their prey.
They are known to inflict a defensive bite if provoked by humans which can cause local swelling and pain – sometimes accompanied by nausea, headaches, vomiting, irregular pulse rate and heart palpitations.
Watch the video here:
Photo: The Sun