No one can tell what’s gonna happen in the next few moments, because no one can tell what the future has in store. In reality, the future is really frightening more than it is interesting or exciting. Tragedy can struck anytime and anywhere with anyone least expecting it. The very thought of death brings a chill down our spine, but death is foreseeable for all of us, and there is nothing we can do about it. Yet there are many people who find it interesting to read about tragedy and see snaps that were shot moments before it struck.
1. This is one of the last snaps, that was shot of the Titanic before sinking.
2. One of the many snaps shot by Even Kuz on September 10, 2001, just 24 hours before the terrorists struck the Twin Towers.
3. When tragedy struck Southeast Asia on December 26, 2004, killing 2,30,000 people. This was one of the snaps shot before the tsunami.
4. Actor Paul Walker’s last photo, getting into the car that would crash and kill him later that day in November 2013
5. A group of 25 engineering students while taking selfie snaps were drowned when a great amount of water was released by Larji hydroelectric project in Himachal Pradesh. This selfie was shot just moments before tragedy struck them in 2014.
6. Tragedy struck Russian Andrey Retrovsky while trying to take snaps for a perfect Instagram post and fell to his death from the building.
7. Robert Overacker was jet skiing over Niagara Falls to raise awareness for the homeless. He fell to his death when his parachute failed to open.
8. One of the snaps shot shows Japanese student Ayano Tokumasa wearing red, just moments before she fell to her death at Niagara Falls.
9. These three friends were so engrossed in taking selfies, that they never heard the train coming from behind and sadly all were killed.
10. This boy while doing a backflip slipped and fell to his death. This snap was shot moments before tragedy struck.
11. Tragedy struck this 18-year-old girl when she accidentally touched a 27,000 live wire while taking a selfie on top of the train, which burnt and killed her.
12. This is the last shot of Karl Wallenda, the circus legend, who seldom used any safety before falling from a height of 121 feet.
13. The nurse Mayinga N’Seka who was the first to be caught with Ebola virus in 1976. This shot shows her few days before she died, with two of her nurse colleagues.
14. An amateur photographer took this shot of 14-year-old Keith Saps Ford, hiding in the wheel well of a flight headed to Japan from Sydney in 1970, from where he fell to his death.
15. A man slipped and fell into the tiger’s cage in a zoo in Delhi, India. This is one of the snaps shot before he was dragged to death.
16. The final shot of Pacific Southwest Airlines (PSA) Flight 182 that collided with another aircraft over San Diego in 1978. All 139 passengers perished.
17. A musician noticing the start of a fire that would kill 100 people at The Station nightclub in Rhode Island on Feb. 20, 2003.
18. A photo shot of Rapper Notorious B.I.G. leaving a party minutes before he was killed in a drive-by shooting.
19. The 1961 U.S. figure skating team posing for a photo before their flight to the World Figure Skating Championship in Belgium. The plane crashed while attempting to land.
20. One of the snaps recovered from the crash site of Japan Airlines Flight 123, which shows the cabin before tragedy struck. All 509 people aboard were killed.
21. George Mallory and Sandy Irvine at their Mount Everest base camp in 1924. Neither came down from the mountain alive.
22. Moments before a hot air balloon in New Zealand got stuck into several power lines and caught fire. All 11 people on board were killed.
23. James Dean at a gas station with his Porsche just moments before his fatal car crash in 1955.