The ‘Pull A Pig’ Prank Victim Could End Up On ‘First Dates’
There could be a silver lining for ‘pull a pig’ prank victim Sophie Stevenson afterall.
After the 24-year-old’s public embarrassment at the hands of Dutchman Jesse Mateman, who invited her to Amsterdam only to heartlessly tell her she had been ‘pigged’, she could now make an appearance on TV dating show First Dates.
With applications currently open for the next series of the hit Channel 4 programme, maitre d’hotel Fred Sirieix could end up helping her to find romance with someone who is more of a gentleman.
“Fred and his team at the First Dates restaurant are always happy to welcome those unlucky in love,” a First Dates production team spokesman told the Mirror.
“Sophie is very welcome to apply to First Dates and see if we can bring a little of the First Dates magic into her life.”
Sophie Stevenson claims she was stood up by Jesse after paying £350 ($461) for the trip to the continent after the two hooked up in Barcelona earlier this year.
Sophie, who travelled 500 miles to Holland before being cruelly dumped, said: “All my friends and family cannot believe someone could be so cruel.
“It’s one thing to have a joke, but this goes well beyond banter.”
The pair planned for her three-day visit. Jesse was messaging her minutes before her departure, but when she arrived in Amsterdam he ignored her calls.
She said: “We had talked about me coming to visit, and he knew I’d booked flights, that I’d paid for a hotel and he was going to meet me when I arrived at 5pm on Friday.
“We were talking up until I got on the plane. But when I arrived, he wasn’t there to pick me up.”
The statement on behalve of Jesse Mateman: pic.twitter.com/scNeJsFK5K
— Yehudi Moszkowicz (@Moszkowicz) October 10, 2017
However the so-called prankster has denied the claims made by Stevenson. In a lengthy statement through his lawyer, Yehudi Moszkowicz, he denied having made the texts. Adding that if he did call Sophie a ‘pig’ it was ‘because of the way they had sex not how she looked’.
“Mateman wants to emphasise that the text messages as published in the media do not come from him,” read the statement on Twitter.